Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 35: Marjorlaine, Charlotte Russe, Lemon Cake

Clear the lane for Marjorlaine!!!! Yes, I know, you're probably tired of my little rhyming attempts, but sorry, you'll have to live with it!!! =) So, wow, the Marjorlaine, where do I begin?! This is a rich cake so you only need a little slice, but it is a little slice of heaven! So I don't really remember the story behind this one, but I think it is safe to say that it is named after a lady... Alright, I know you are dying to know what is in this delectably delicious cake! Okay, you really have to pay attention because there's a lot of layers! Sorry I didn't get a chance to take a picture of a sliced piece... Ready?! We're going to start from the bottom going up: Chocolate Genoise soaked with Hazelnut flavored Simple Syrup, Chocolate Ganache, Dacquoise, Creme D'Or, Dacquoise, Hazelnut Praline Butter Cream, Dacquoise, Stabilized Whipped Cream and finally another layer of Dacquoise. The whole thing was crumb-coated with the Praline Butter Cream, then finally, Glazed with more Chocolate! Is your mouth watering yet?! =)

Note that I did a really bad Glazing job and also as I was moving my Marjorlaine to get it ready for transport and it's portrait, I accidentally dropped some of those hazelnuts on top. *sigh* I'm going to have to learn to be more careful in the future!













Now, for those of you who are more into fruit, we have the luscious Charlotte Russe. We learned about Bavaroise and for this Charlotte, we used White Peach as the base. Oh, BTW, for those of you who don't know what a Charlotte is, it is a cake made using a mold. There are both cold and hot Charlottes and this one is a cold Charlotte. Anyway, the outside and bottom of this is made of Lady Fingers! This combo with the White Peach Bavarois was SO good!!! I really, really, really enjoyed this one!!!!! Maybe I'll make this one for the shop... I just don't know if our customer base would be interested... We'll see.

And finally, the quick bread style cake of the day - Lemon Cake! This is an interesting cake which I thoroughly enjoyed! It had bits of real lemon in it! We sliced up some lemons supreme style and added it to the mix. I froze these and enjoyed them for a quick breakfast on my super hectic mornings.

1 comment:

Erikos said...

I believe that a famous chef Fernand Pointe who owned Le Pyramide in the 50's created the cake.