Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 17: Croquembouche

Yes! The croquembouche!!! This is the traditional wedding cake in France!!! Ever since I saw this on Desperate House Wives, I have wanted to see one up close and personal. I never imagined that by getting up close and personal, I would be the one making it! It is a lot harder than I thought and since I haven't really seen more, I wasn't too sure about how to decorate it. I made a bunch of decorations, but I made them too thin, so a lot of them broke when I tried to attach them to the croquembouche. Since this is a wedding cake, I went ahead and made me and my husband's initials with the heart. Well, I made lots of hearts, but again, they broke. =( Actually, Mike's "M" broke too, but I just put it on anyway...

Without further ado, I present my very first Croquembouche!




















Here is my partner's croquembouche. I think she did an awesome job! Go Gina!!!
















This one is a picture of the whole classes' croquembouches! I think we all did a pretty good job! Chef Cynthia seemed impressed!

No comments: