Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 15: Paris Brest, Profiteroles, Cygnes (Swans)















So here is the Paris-Brest, a Pate a Choux ring with a hazelnut praline Creme Mousseline filling (that's a type of butter cream). This one is one of my many favorites. My family was rather happy when we had to make this for my test, so they all got a taste! I was thinking about adding this cream to our product line, maybe pairing it with chocolate cake or something like that... We'll see... =)















Profiteroles, profiteroles, who does not love profiteroles?! These were made in the traditional way - with Vanilla ice cream and Chocolate sauce. I still love these as regular cream puffs, actually, the best profiteroles I personally had were in France (go figure)! When I can make the perfect Creme Legere, I will hopefully add these to the product line too, substituting the ice cream for the Creme Legere. Maybe a flavored one? Hmmm...















Cygnes or swans. I love the way these look! I was so excited that my swan bodies came out pretty decent! We actually used to sell these at the bakery early on - Chantilly Swans. In class we did not used Creme Chantilly, but rather Creme Martinique - Creme Legere with Rum and Brunois cut pineapple.

No comments: