Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Organic Sake

So I went to the liquor store today on the hunt for Sake - Japanese rice wine. I am planning to make some Salmon Teriyaki and Sake is one of the ingredients. I had never bought or even tried Sake before so I didn't really know what to look for. And so, after I picked up my son from school, we went looking around town for a liquor store. I was able to find one not too far from our house. From the outside, it looked like a tiny store so I was a little concerned as to whether or not they would have it, but once I walked through the double doors, the place was actually quite big and very clean and organized! When I got to the Japanese wine section, I was confronted by a huge selection of Sake. I didn't know which one to pick!!!! Again, I know absolutely NOTHING about Sake, so I had no idea which one to get! The nice sales lady made a few suggestions, but I happened to see the word "organic" on one of the bottles, so I took a look at that one. I was so surprised to see Sake made from organic rice! And to top it off, it was only $5.99!!! That was great! And so, I went ahead and bought it - Sho Chiku Bai brand. That's SO cool! =)

No comments: