Monday, July 13, 2009

Ube Petite Four Experiment and the Unbroken Egg Yolks

I am utterly and completely in love with Gerbet Macaroons. Actually, a few years ago, we had a baby shower for one of my dear, dear friends Natacha and we ordered food from Wegman's for the party. We ordered some of these scrumptious macaroons, but they called them Nicolettes. Ever since then, I have been searching high and low for some where else I could purchase these. Never did I imagine that I would be learning to make this at the FCI! (yay!)

And so, I tried making this at home using Ube for the filling. I am a HUGE fan of Ube (I think it is also called a water yam or purple yam). I love the result! It was just heavenly - at least for me. So here's a pic that I snapped before I gobbled up the rest!


















As for the next picture - I was just so fascinated with the fact that I did not break 1 yolk in this tub of egg yolks! Mind you there are more than 50 egg yolks in that container! That has never ever happened in the history of my egg cracking! I know, I'm a dork sometimes... I just couldn't resist taking a quick pic!

No comments: