Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 20: Tomato Tart, Fruit Strip, Palmier & Apple Tartlettes

Today we completed a bunch of things! The Tomato Tart I think was more for practicing our knife skills. Currently, my knife skills still need a lot of improvement, though at least I am not as scare of the knife as when I started! Our Chef Knife looked so intimidating to me! But now I have to say that it is my friend. =) Anyway, this savory tart was very good. Strange as the "tomato custard" sounds, which is essentially what it was, it was quite good!!! My mom took a good portion of it home and I had a nice sized slice for lunch the next day!















We also made a Fruit Strip and the Apple Tartlettes - more knife skills cutting up fruit! The Fruit Strip has a little Creme Legere on the bottom and I thought it was really quite tasty! The Apple Tartlettes were also very good since we sprinkled some Vanilla Sugar on top before putting it in the oven. It was a very good combo!





























With our puff pastry scraps, we made Palmier. It is also known as Elephant Ears. This was fun to make and even more fun to eat!

No comments: