Saturday, March 14, 2009

Orientation!

So yesterday I had my orientation! I'm so excited and nervous about starting class next week. The commute from Jersey was not too bad, however, coming home during rush hour on a Friday is definitely not fun, especially when you are lugging around the huge duffle bag containing the uniforms and text book! I'm actually a little sore today just from carrying that bag. Hopefully when I get everything organized into my backpack, it will be easier to carry.

Okay, on to the good stuff. So, I have been looking all over the internet trying to figure out which text book they use at the FCI. I searched and searched and searched, and did not find any answers. Well, if I had put 2 and 2 together in the first place, I probably would have figured out that they have their own book (binder bound) which they use as the text book! Duh!!!! Any idiot could have probably figured that out... Anyway, it really is quite thick and it seems like this is only for Pastry I! I wonder if the text books for Pastry II and Pastry III will be just as thick... Hmmm... If that's the case, I think I need to make more room on my bookshelf!

As for the uniforms, they are so cool, though I'm not really into the pants too much (small black and white check-ish design). My husband was teasing me saying that I look like a guido (or would that be guida?!). I don't care, the rest of it is pretty cool. I am in love with the chef jacket! And, it has my name on it!!!

Well, we already got our assignment for the first class, so I'd better get cracking on the reading and look at the recipes for the infamous Apple Tart! I hope mine comes out decent! Wish me luck!

No comments: