Thursday, March 19, 2009

Going on Day 2!

Okay, so I didn't get a chance to update on my first day of class yesterday. It was great, though I must say that I feel like I totally have no right being there! I felt like such a klutz and totally awkward in my uniform. I'm hoping that it was just first day jitters and that tomorrow will be much better... Gosh, trying to figure out the complete uniform alone was a disaster (like, how the heck do you tie a neckerchief?) So, for our first class, we took a tour of our classroom and learned about a lot already! We even started our Apple Tart! I can't wait to finish it tomorrow - the apple compote alone was delish! Yes, I got to taste a little bit of it - I needed to check that it was tender. =)

We also got our tool kits. Our Chef Instructor told us to put different colored electrical tape on all our tools, so I spent the night doing that. I think my husband Mike thinks that I went a little overboard with that assignment and commented, "You know you have to wash that right?" I'm hoping that the electrical tape won't come off in the wash... Chef wouldn't ask us to do this if it hasn't been tested already, right? I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

Anywho, I'd better get to sleep soon so I won't fall asleep in class! Hopefully my apple tart will come out nice enough for a snapshot appearance on my blog!

Tootles!

No comments: